Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Cheap stuff

I was browsing the Sunday paper Tuesday morning (yes, several days later) and looking through the classifieds. I just look out of curiosity to see if anything interesting catches my attention. The "Cheap Stuff" section is by far the best source for ads worth noting. I found these ads that made me chuckle: (and I'm not putting the phone numbers but everything else is word for word)

BETA VCR Still works good, with 40-50 tapes, blast from the past. $60

Really?!? Who bought a Beta?? Since that hasn't been available since about 1988, I can only imagine what kind of gems are in that lot. Do they still have floppy disks in their computer too?

CHRISTMAS TREE White tipped with pinecones 7 1/2 feet artificial $50

You mean it's not real? Say it ain't so.

COMMODE $25

Is this used? Ick.

GAZELLE FREESTYLE Like new condition, ready for workout. $50

Of course it's in "like new condition." Have you seen how stoopid those people look in the commercial? Tony Little has a mullet, heh.

MICROWAVE Emerson 12"x8" interior $15 firm.

Apparently, Bubba John doesn't want to haggle over the price of his microwave.

PILATES PERFORMER with stand, video and poster $100. Never used.

What kind of stand? Like a pole? Sounds like some Flirty Girl Fitness to me.

I crack myself up. :)

1 comment:

The Cranky Princess said...

Those are hilarious. I wonder what the difference is between a pilates "performer" and a pilates "reformer". I think you are definitely onto something with that flirty girl/stand thing but it sounds like the performance artist is included!!! ;)