I am registered for my first race this year, an indoor tri. It is a 10 minute swim in the pool, a 15 minute transition, 30 minutes on a spin bike, a 5 minute transition and 20 minutes on the treadmill. The equipment is calibrated so everyone has the same settings and you earn points for the distance you cover in the allotted time. My husband will be there too and I'm also trying to convince my younger sister to do it. It'll be the perfect tune-up race as I prepare for an Xterra race the month after. The good news: I'm still working on the rest of my schedule but I am definitely closer then I was a week ago. The bad news: races are expensive (even local ones) and I have a feeling I won't be able to do all the races I'm considering.
I had also toyed with the idea of a road race. (cycling only) Now, I'm not so sure. I need to ride with some faster riders more often. I'm still interested in joining the women's cycling club (or team, whatever it's called) but it's another $40. I feel like I need to decide between joining the club or putting that money towards a race, I can't do both.
No comments:
Post a Comment