Hello, my name is Cycling Chick and I am addicted to appetizers.
I can resist overeating during the holidays, desserts, even alcohol... but get me at a party with a bunch of appetizers... and I could eat all day. The Super Bowl is this weekend and we're planning to have a few friends over and I'm trying to plan the food. I am flipping through a store's ad seeing what I can make based on what's on sale. And what I'm thinking is a bunch of comfort food in the form of appetizers: french onion dip, spinach-artichoke dip with crackers, pita chips and hummus, veggie tray, crab dip, fresh fruit, fried mushrooms, mozzarella sticks, chicken wings, mini-meatballs, my mother-in-law's hot pizza dip..... Mmmmm, I could go on. :) I will have to watch my calories because what kind of party is complete without some adult beverages, too?
3 comments:
We are having wings and beer for dinner here. Maybe some nachos too . . . but just for us because the super bowl is too late for the kids to stay up.
I hear you on the appetizers. I could potato skin, mozzerella stick, hummus with veggies, salsa and chips, hot wing myself to death.
Unfortunately I have to work during the Super Bowl (not that I really care who wins)
Yum! I think I would completely forgo the fruit and veggies and just have the fried stuff, crab dip and hot pizza dip. Would love the recipes!
Post a Comment