Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Believe

"To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream; not only plan but also Believe." -Anatole France

I saw this quote and it caught my attention. It was on, of all things, a necklace package. I was immediately drawn to it and the necklace it accompanied. The necklace charm is of a shooting star with the words, Hope - Dream - Believe, scripted on it. I had to buy it.

The mental aspect of my life is what trips me up. Whether it's with training, racing, being a mom, wife, friend, or just trying to get through my day. Once I decide to do something, I try to do it - it's the lack of self confidence that sometimes catches me. The negative voice is always in the back of my mind.

**I've been mulling over this for a week. I started it and the "right" words just never came to mind. Truthfully, I've had fleeting thoughts about it and could never connect them to convey my emotions. I decided to give up and post what I had anyway. Maybe if something comes to me, I'll come back and edit.

No comments: