Saturday, February 7, 2009

The mind of a 3 year old

I finally got this down and was happy with the result and then (out of nowhere!) I realized it had a similar format to a book my daughter has - I knew it was vaguely familiar. Well, I'm still happy with the result but I can't take credit for it being a totally original idea.

... the grocery store is for free cookies and balloons
... curbs are for walking like it's a balance beam
... books are for nursery rhymes, butterflies playing follow the leader, princesses, and the hippopotamus
... pictures are to color and sometimes to scribble outside the lines
... music is to dance to no matter where you are
... fish are to watch at the store
... broccoli is not for eating - unless it has cheese
... bears and stuffed dogs are to snuggle
... letters are to learn and every letter makes a sound
... numbers are for counting how many steps it takes to walk down the sidewalk
... McDonald's is for eating but the playground is more fun
... the beach is for sandcastles, chasing waves, and kite flying
... numbers in Spanish are to count how many eggs Dora has in her basket
... candy and ice cream are to have anytime, even at breakfast
... pancakes are a special treat that Daddy makes on a Saturday morning
... toys are for playing but not really for picking up
... the sky is for clouds, the moon and stars
... balls are for bouncing and kicking
... nightlights are to scare the dark and shadows away
... teeth are not for brushing
... movies are to dream about being a princess, a fairy, a clown fish or a cute robot
... bubbles are for blowing and popping
... big sisters are the coolest

1 comment:

The Cranky Princess said...

So true, so true... if only grown ups thought that way, too! :)