Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Valentine's Day
It's that time of year again, V- Day. (not to be confused with VD day, which is totally different) This is a Hallmark holiday, without a doubt. There seems to be social pressure to have a Valentine or to buy something "extra special" if you already have a significant other. That just doesn't make sense to me. If you have a SO, you don't need a stupid holiday to do something. We've agreed to get stuff for the girls because we can't NOT do something, we wouldn't do that. So, I found some cute little heart t-shirts and a card for each of them. But my husband and I haven't really celebrated Valentine's Day in a long time. I did get him a card that I thought was funny. It says, "Studies show that 80% of women think their ass is too big and 10% of women think their ass is too skinny.......[open the card] The other 10% say they don't care, they love him and they would have married him anyway." I laughed out loud at the store. I love funny cards. No matter what holiday or who I'm buying for, I always look for the card that makes me laugh. There are very few occasions when I feel the need to buy sappy cards. That's just not me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment