Friday, February 13, 2009

Theme song

Every time I hear the song by Lit, "My Own Worst Enemy" I think about my husband and how it should be his theme song. Well, not so much anymore but it definitely was before we got old and responsible. Hehe. And these are funny memories now, we laugh about them, but at the time they were definitely NOT funny. :)

Can we forget about the things I said when I was drunk - Um, no.
I didn't meant to call you that - In a drunken stupor, he once called me a bitch and threw hot sauce on me.
I didn't mean to call you that - Yeah, maybe, but he'll never live that one down.
I can't remember what was said or what you threw at me - Probably a can, Jerk.
Please tell me - You act like a drunken fool when you drink liquor with Jim.
Please tell me why - I don't know?!
My car is in the front yard - (or back yard) 'Cause when you were drunk you decided to drive my car around to the back yard so you could listen to music in the CD player
And I'm sleeping with my clothes on - On the couch or maybe on the front porch
I came in through the window last night - Or rapped on the window until you woke me up to come open the door because you can't find your keys
And you're gone - Because I got up before the crack of 12
It's no surprise to me I am my own worst enemy - When drinking
Cuz every now and then I kick the living shit out of me
The smoke alarm is going off and there's a cigarette
Still burning - 'Cause you passed out while smoking.
Please tell me why
My car is in the front yard
And I'm sleeping with my clothes on
I came in through the window last night
And you're gone
Please tell me why

No comments: