I don't have anything interesting to write about today. The only thing I've been thinking about is the race next weekend. I don't know if I'm going to do it. I sent a message to the girl who races on a pro team and she advised: know my goals... um, does not make a fool of myself count? Make sure my equipment is fit to me... check. Consistent training (everyday for multiple seasons)... uh, yeah, obviously she doesn't have kids. In racing, know that tactics in a group setting and individual skills are so much different... this seems like a no-brainer but she has no idea what my skill level is (or lack of.) She advised not to just "jump" in to a race. Well, obviously I would not be jumping..... I'd be leaping. She specializes in crits and that's a whole other ball o' wax that I don't want to touch - the ground and I are already close friends, I don't want to kick that relationship up a notch. Haha. I know several people who have broken collar bones while riding and I don't want to go there. [knocking on wood]
So, I don't know what I'm going to do. My husband has decided he's going to do it. I have a feeling he's in for a surprise at how fast even the Cat V guys are going to be. I'm waiting to register until I ride again this weekend and to make sure I'm healthy - it's just the way my luck goes that as soon as I register.... I'll wake up tomorrow with a sinus infection.
No comments:
Post a Comment