Monday, February 9, 2009

Writing

I'm in the mood to write but don't have a good topic. Weird, huh? I don't know, maybe it's not so weird? I could ramble about our trip to the hockey game yesterday, how my training is going, what the weather's like.... none of those are grabbing me. I liked having that contest subject to write for and work on. I'd rather sit here on the computer, listen to music and work on something like that. I'll check the One Minute Writer site, I haven't looked at it in a while....

Today's prompt: What fills you with wonder? Hmmm, that's a tough one. I'm drawing a blank. Maybe the One Minute Writer prompt wasn't such a good idea after all. My daughters wonder about things all day-every day but I can't think of anything that makes me wonder. Well, right at this moment, this topic is making me wonder but that's not the point. ;)

[tapping forehead] What fills me with wonder... what fills me with wonder....? I think I'm going to have to think on this some more. Great. Now I'm going to be awake trying to think of things. Ha, maybe not. Anyone who knows me knows that pretty much once I'm in bed, I'm out. My husband teases me that I'm like a bird - if it's dark, I'm asleep. That's not quite the case but when I decide to go to bed, it's because I need to go to bed.

I will definitely have to give this some more thought. But now is not the time, I think I do need to go to bed. :)

AM Update: I did think of something that fills me with wonder. Natural Wonders. All of them. The oceans, mountains, canyons, jungles, deserts... Did anyone catch any of that special 'Planet Earth'? It was amazing. I would have loved to have a widescreen HDTV just to watch that footage. To have one normally is overkill but for this special, it would have been awesome.

No comments: