This paragraph from Hissy Fits struck a chord with me. I'm not sure why and I don't really have anything deep or witty to add; I just thought I'd share it because it is something I'm working on and hope others can too.
"I am reminded on a daily basis that life is too short to be angry, petty or to harbor resentment. I'm reminded to love without limits, tell people how I feel, live without regrets, find my passion, and appreciate the little things in life. I do not get caught up in negativity, gossip or drama, for I have learned that when there is a limited amount of energy, wasting it on other people doesn't make any sense... not that it ever really does, but, sadly, many people don't understand that. Instead, I try to spend time every single day doing something for others, be it a planned act of volunteerism or a random act of kindness. I've learned never to take myself too seriously and that laughter is not only life's loveliest music, but also the greatest medicine there is."
I'd like to leave the drama to the middle school crowd, let go of resentment, inspire others and love the life I'm living.
No comments:
Post a Comment