Monday, February 23, 2009

Sesame Street

I am sitting here, listening to Sesame Street in the background and it reminds me of when I first started watching it. The show was popular by the late 70's and we had it on every morning before preschool. By the time my younger sister was old enough to watch it, I wouldn't admit that I still liked it but watched it anyway. It amazes me that some of the original cast members (the people) are still on the show. I remember Luis, Maria, Bob, Olivia, Gordon and Mr. Hooper when I was little. Mr. Hooper died several years ago but his memory lives on as the name of the store on the street. My daughters are not as captivated by the show as I was. Maybe with all the children's programming that is on these days, Sesame Street just can't compete. Even my 3 year old will only watch it on occasion and would rather watch The Little Mermaid or Dave the Barbarian instead of Sesame Street. Except for Elmo, I think I like it more than she does. I hope it continues to entertain and educate the 3-5 year old set for many more years.

I am also reminded of one of my favorite clips from the show with R.E.M.

No comments: