As an adult, I have become a big fan of making lists. Since I have a habit of procrastinating and/or getting overwhelmed when it comes to getting stuff done... I make lists. I feel like it gives me balance. I can write the grocery list, the to-do list or a packing list and then I feel like I can actually get stuff done and have a sense of accomplishment. I'm a little neurotic when it comes to my grocery list. I usually plan a menu for the week and make a list of things I need from that menu. There are always a few things I forget to add and they pop in my head as I'm walking the aisles. When that happens, I have to add them to my list. Even if I've already put it in the cart. If I try to fight the urge to add it, I think about it in the back of my mind, "Put it on the list, you're getting something off the list, put it on the list." Then I'll accept it, write it down and move on. Sometimes I'll even rewrite a list so things I know are close together will be that way on the list as well. With my to-do list it's similar. I usually make a list of things I have to do in no particular order but sometimes I have to write them down in the exact order that I plan to do them.
I told you I was a bit neurotic. ;)
1 comment:
I'm an avid list maker - I definately make the grocery list each week or two before my trip, but I don't add items that I pick up off the list. Glad to hear that you not only love lists, but you're even more of a list-girl than me! ;)
Post a Comment