Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Blah: Ordinary: Humdrum

Feeling a little down today, but I'm not exactly sure why. Another blah day. On Monday my snacking was out of control. I was snacking out of boredom, for distraction, hunger or thirst - several times it was all of the above at the same time. I knew it, and I did it anyway. I sense those feelings of anxiousness that I felt a couple weeks ago. They've been hanging 'round for several days. I was less than pleasant to be around over the weekend. My husband knew I needed some time so he took the girls to the gym while I rode on Saturday and on Sunday I went running and grocery shopping by myself. I have a couple things that are weighing heavy on my mind but are too private to talk about even on here.

I'm not feeling so great about training right now either. Somewhere along the line there was a switch: going for a ride felt like a chore or work - not the "Yay, I get to ride my bike today!" I don't like that feeling. For the most part, doing 6 workouts over 6 days is not a big deal but I could do without the running. It hurts, it's lonely, it's hard on my body... There was a time when I had found the Zen of running and enjoyed it. It's escaping me at the moment. Even when I run trails I don't enjoy it like I have in the past.

Maybe I've just let the Pity Party Goers in to my house. At least they brought coffee and muffins. But they always leave a big mess. ;)

No comments: